- 2.5 displays awesome physical confidence and prowess. She has mastered putting on (and taking off) clothing and shoes/boots. She is into physical comedy complete with pratfalls. Neighbourhood playgrounds hold very few challenges anymore.
- We've been trying to encourage 2.5 to use more words and even whole sentences to make demands. As a result, upon request, 2.5 now states in a very formal fashion: "Whole sentence: Mom, I like a apple please" and "Whole sentence: Dad, I like a more cow milk please". It's like living with a small spelling bee champion.
- 2.5 has very important, self-initiated jobs. She pushes her chair back to the table after eating and puts the dog's post-meal bowl into the dishwasher. However, 2.5 is not very interested in putting her toys away or keeping her shirt on.
- 2.5 has special friends and LOVES big kids. 2.5 would like to discuss arrangements to play with them: "Come back? Come back soon play at my house?"
- Much to her guitar-loving father's (and grandfather's) particular delight, 2.5 can and will keep time, strum a ukulele and sing (in tune and mostly using the correct words) "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". An album tentatively titled "2.5: The Greatest Hits" is in the works. Also on the album may be a re-interpreted cover of the Dixie Chick's (aka the Itsy Bitsy Chicks) song "Travelin' Soldier" (aka "Two Day Pâté").
2.5 years is seriously kicking 2.0 years' butt.