I like to pick resolutions that I have a chance of actually keeping. People always seem to pick depressing, austere resolutions that are doomed to failure. Stuff like restrictive diets or going to the gym every day isn't fun for most people so why bother. I refuse to be guilt-tripped by my own lack of self-discipline and hopeless self-improvement agenda. There's plenty of guilt in my life already, why add more?
Previous resolutions of mine have included learning to drink bourbon (sadly a fail in that, while I can drink bourbon now, it turns out that I actually much prefer whiskey/whisky).
Anyway, a list of the resolutions I intend to keep this year:
- get more sleep: this one may require convincing a certain child to go to bed at a more appropriate "child-like" hour, say before 10pm
- eat more interesting meats: I feel like we're trapped in a chicken-pork-beef vortex. I'm allergic to fish so they're out but I want to try cooking with goat and get my hands on some wild game
- buy into a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture): for vegetables, eggs and maybe meat
- plan something fun to do every weekend: I tend to find myself spending weekends running around doing a bunch of meaningless errands, cleaning, etc. and then get depressed on Sunday realizing that I've wasted a perfectly good weekend. I need to make a list of things we can do as a family like go snowshoeing/skating, go to a museum, go for a drive someplace new, go to a hockey game, etc.
- invite people over for dinner regularly: I love cooking and having people over but never seem to be able to get organized to actually make plans in advance. I want to try to do this at least once a month.
- take more photos and learn more about photography/cameras
Anyone else have any resolutions they want to share?